Our hospitals include the 19th hospital worldwide and the first in the Middle East to be granted Clinical Care Program Certification by the JCI for acute myocardial infarction.
We provide a variety of elective and emergency cardiac diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in our state-of-the-art, computerized cardiac catheterization laboratories (cath labs). Our cardiology and cardiac surgery teams provide comprehensive care by the help and expertise of highly skilled consultants, specialists, specialty-trained nurses, and radiologic technologists who are committed to working cooperatively with patients and their families.
With the most recent European guidelines in management, our hospitals are some of the first tertiary care hospitals to launch the most updated techniques in managing structural heart disorders through minimally invasive techniques. For managing acute chest pain with different causes, the cardiology department has an integrated service for low-risk patients who are admitted to our Chest Pain Program, providing them with chest pain diagnosis in less than 12 hours by non-invasive multisite coronary angiography.
The Group offers open heart surgery for coronary bypass grafting (beating heart and on-pump), cardiac valve repairs or replacements, adult and pediatric congenital heart defect repairs, and repairs of the ascending aorta with dilatation or dissection. In addition, advanced, minimally invasive valvular replacement or coronary artery bypass is available for single vessel disease.
Our one-stop clinic allows patients to be assessed by a multidisciplinary team without multiple journeys to the hospital. Some of the provided cardiology-related services include:
- Cardiac Catheterization through three state-of-the-art cath labs with highly advanced Siemens Technology for elective percutaneous coronary interventions (PCIs) and emergency primary angioplasty procedures for acute MI.
- Electrophysiology Studies (EPS) to diagnose, treat, and control heart rhythm irregularities, performed solely for diagnostic purposes or in conjunction with ablation.
- Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Structural Heart Program, which includes patent foramen ovale (PFO) closure and atrial septal defect (ASD) closure, transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) for the aortic valve, Mitral valve interventions as well as paravalvular leak closure and left atrial appendage closure in association with the electrophysiology team.
- Endovascular aortic interventions, aortic coarctation angioplasty and subclavian and carotid interventions.
- Additional interventions and treatments include: balloon aortic valvuloplasty, patent foramen ovale closure, balloon mitral valvuloplasty, atrial septal defect closure, ventricular septal defects, paravalvular leak closure, mitral valve interventions, pulmonary valve interventions, and left atrial appendage closure.
- Hemodynamic Support, which covers extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) and intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) for failing hearts and those unable to provide an adequate amount of gas exchange or perfusion to sustain life.
- State-of-the-Art Cardiac Investigations using cardiac MRI, also known as cardiovascular MRI, or MSCT-coronary angiography (MSCT-CA), which are non-invasive or minimally invasive imaging technologies to assess the function and structure of the cardiovascular system and evaluate the grade of stenosis of the coronary vessel lumen.
- Electrocardiography (ECG) Services, which include stress ECG and Holter ECG. Echocardiogram, covering adult and pediatric transthoracic echocardiogram, stress echocardiogram, and trans-oesophageal echocardiography (TOE).
Our facilities also provide Ambulatory Blood Pressure monitoring, which is done by taking measurements during normal daily activities over the span of 24 consecutive hours.